More DetailsThe Kase 150 x 170mm Wolverine Soft-Edge Graduated ND 0.9 Filter is compatible with a Kase 150mm Filter Holder or other filter holders that can accommodate 150mm wide, 2mm thick filters. It helps to darken specific areas of an image, such as bright skies, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas. A neutral density filter with a soft-edged line of transition is able to filter the sky while minimizing its effect on the land. It is particularly useful where the transition between sky and foreground is indeterminate, such as images featuring mist, fog, or the tops of trees. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and this filter provides up to a 3-stop reduction in light from entering a lens.
Kase Wolverine filters are constructed from tempered, optical glass for shock resistance. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, while further enhancing clarity and color fidelity, each glass surface includes multiple layers of anti-reflection coatings. These coatings also offer greater protection to the filter substrate and help it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters.
A padded pouch is included for storage and transport.
- Compatible with a Kase 150mm Filter Holder or other filter holders that can accommodate 150mm wide, 2mm thick filters
- Darkens bright areas of an image, such as skies, while leaving the remainder of the frame unaffected
- Provides up to a 3-stop reduction of light in selective areas
- Soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas
- Useful for images where the transition between sky and foreground is indeterminate, such as images featuring mist, fog, or the tops of trees
- Filter does not affect the overall coloration of the image
- Attenuates infrared light to maintain color neutrality and suppress color casts due to increased exposure times
- Tempered, optical glass construction for shock resistance
- Multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections
- Scratch-resistant, mold-resistant, and hydrophobic coatings on each glass surface protect the filter substrate and result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil for greater cleaning efficiency
- Padded pouch for storage and transport